Politics / Religion: Raising children, not Bratz

>> Sunday, March 04, 2007

As noted on this Shoutwire article, the Bratz dolls are unfortunately popular with many a young girl. I vaguely remember first seeing these dolls in the toy section of either Wal-mart or Target, thinking to myself that I'd just seen yet another product with a flash-in-the-pan shelf life. I truly wish I'd been right, but I suppose the cutesy, big-eyed, cartoon look of the dolls coupled with the risque and revealing attire simply calls out the typical Western consumer nowadays.

It all echoes back to the Biblical admonition, "raise up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old, he will not depart from it." What do you want your children, in this case your daughters, to be when they are adults? Are you raising her to be a God-fearing, respectable woman, or for lack of any nicer way of saying it, a slut?

This topic crosses over into the realm of politics since essentially the makers of the Bratz dolls are cultivating an environment that is appealing to pedophiles, considering that not only do they dress these toys up with sex appeal, but they sell the identical clothing and accessories to real, live girls. There are laws against this kind if thing, I believe, and it amazes me that somehow MGA slips entirely past them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP