Family: My daughter talks a lot

>> Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's really awesome.  She holds entirely huge conversations with us now, and only at 2.5 years old.  It's surprising the complexity of words that she already uses, and how she seems to easily switch back and forth between Russian and English.  As you can tell, my pride level is turned up high with her.  What's really cute is when she doesn't know something exactly, she responds, in Russian, "I dunno.  thpp," finishing off with a cute little raspberry.  It makes me want to laugh every time, but I can't because she says it with all seriousness.

Last night once I got home, she insisted that I take my shoes and socks off and hop in her "bathtub," which is really just her toybox, so that she could wash my feet, hands, and hair.   Washing, this time, consisted of rubbing a plastic refrigerator magnet on my feet/hands/head as soap, and then pouring imaginary water from a woven basket on me.  Hilarious.  Of course, then it was her turn and I had to give her the bath.  Where does she come up with these things?  I'm not sure, but she DOES seem to have a fixation with the imaginary bath probably because she seems to have such a fear of actually getting her hair washed.  Perhaps by cleaning herself via imagination, she figures she can put off the real thing that much longer!

Later, we read some books together and she really ate them right up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP