Web: Zpeech Revisited

>> Monday, April 23, 2007

Not so much that I've been using Zpeech very heavily since last I talked about it, but it's on my mind again this morning. Because it's so close to being relly. Really useful. Again. The main problem with it is that it's not much more than a glorified chat attached to your page. It lacks many of the features that make a forum/message board really useful.

It should have some way of allowing the site owner some way of organizing and/or moderating the content. This would be to encourage the use of the board BY the site owner. For example, I would be willing to forego the forum on my winkboy site in favor of Zpeech, creating a dedicated page for it, even. But I can't section out the discussuons as they are now.

It would even be acceptable if it was self-moderated somehow, allowing users to create forum sections, such as "new product," "technical support," or "product review." But to my knowledge this does not exist.

I have to double-check, but I don't even think it has search capabilties, or email post-back reminders, or buddy lists, or any of the other well-established forum functions.

I'm going to write Zpeech and see what they have to say about all of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP