UT2004: Dusting off the editor

>> Monday, June 04, 2007

It feels good to stretch those muscles as I did this weekend.  I pulled up the editor and started tweaking a VCTF map that Xilver had created.  I don't know if he ever released it so I'll have to get in touch with him before I could possibly make it public, but besides adding a couple of vehicles from the SeaPack and adding the -SEA- prefix, the only thing I'm really trying to do is get the bots to work a little better.  Lord, but I hope the AI is more easily implemented in UT3.  It's every-so-frustrating to see them do their vehicle "jump" antics without end.  So far, all I've managed to do is make it so that the blue team gets over to the red side, and disabled the opposite.  yay.  (But, I think I know how to fix it.)

Anyway, what I'd like to do is get the SeaPack in a nice, installable state so that people could actually use it.  It's such a shame to have all these things sitting on my hard drive when people could be having fun with them.  It's sad, how this happens to great games; a lot of the best maps, mutators, and mods get born just as the game is shelved for new arrivals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP