Health: Diet: Found the plateau.

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Being at home all the time, while quite enjoyable, disrupts my ability to regulate when and where - and how much - I eat.  Thus I seem to have found myself once again at a weight loss plateau.  The scales haven't changed for about four days now, even when I swear I've done enough in the day to deliver improvement.  Being that much closer to the exercise machines doesn't seem to help, either. It's all a mental attitude of Just Getting To It. 

I've also noticed that - while still far from "bad" - my diet tends toward the heavier foods when I'm at home.  You see, I really enjoy being able to cook for my family when I get the chance, and when I do so I often stretch for the fancier gourmet menu choices WHICH often include high calorie menu items.  Twice in the past week, I've made scrumptious varieties of chocolate chip cookies.  Twice, I've also made chocolate waffles with a banana ganache for breakfast.  Delicious, but not helping!

Having finished my three most recent health related books, my mind no longer seems *constantly* focused on the greens, either.  This is upsetting.  I'll need to re-read something, or get a new health-conscious book to keep my focus, I think.  That actually reminds me: it's been a handful of years since I read one very important book, Lick the Sugar Habit.  This is one of the first books that really opened my eyes to how awful the American food supply has become, pointing out how sugar (usually in the form of high fructose corn syrup) is in practically everything.  Eating sugar with a meal causes the vitamin and mineral content of the food - no matter how good it is - to be drained, essentially because the body prefers to digest the sugars first since they're  easier to work on.  This allows the good food to enter your intestinal tract in a state that's not really ready for digestion.  This is also what causes some allergies; undigested food due to sugar intake.  Okay, yeah.  Time to re-read that one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP